Incremental changes and improvements over the years to the MAX® series units has changed the heating and measuring characteristics of these industry leading instruments. These changes include implementation of UL/CE approved electronics, improved heater wiring and connections, and updated firmware. To ensure a continuation of the highest quality testing available for our customers, the time has come to revise the testing parameters for sodium tartrate.
We have worked closely with our supplier to assure the highest quality sodium tartrate. We have also checked our own in-house protocols to verify that we are calibrating the units with the highest degree of accuracy. We are satisfied that the following minor change in the test parameters for sodium tartrate will bring the moisture value to the center of the acceptable range.
To change the value:
- Turn the instrument off for five seconds.
- Turn the instrument on and press the left most key below the display followed by the right most key. Press the Memory Key and select in order:
· MEMORY START MENU
· ADD/EDIT MEMORY START
· 001 ID: TARTRATE
· LIFT COMP PCT
· Edit the value to 100 (100%)
· Use the ESC key to return to the main Test Screen
- Turn the instrument OFF then switch it back ON. The instrument is now ready to operate normally.