Don’t worry, it’s not you. If you’re in the wastewater industry, there’s a good chance it’s hydrogen sulfide.
Join us at Odors and Air Pollutants, booth 110, March 22-23 in Milwaukee, WI and make “scents” of your odors.
Why Choose Jerome®?
Did you know that the human nose can smell as little as .01 ppm (10 ppb) of hydrogen sulfide in the air? That’s pretty impressive, however, when you take into account that the most offensive and most noticeable levels of H2S are between 3 and 5 ppm (3000-5000 ppb), it quickly becomes obvious why we do not rely on human noses – or instruments with high lower detection limits – to tell us when we have an odor problem. Most permits require a fenceline upper limit of 30 ppb. By the time your neighbors are telling you about an odor issue, it’s too late. Avoid the hassle of “after the fact” testing and cut off nuisance odors before they begin with Jerome® low level hydrogen sulfide monitoring instruments.
Most permits in the US require a fence-line upper limit of 30 ppb (parts per billion) H2S. Although that level is below what are considered the most noticeable levels of H2S (3 to 5 ppm or 3000-5000 ppb), many people are sensitive enough that they can smell as little as 10 ppb (.01 ppm). Instruments with high lower detection limits won’t be able to help you there.
- Jerome® J605 Hydrogen Sulfide Analyzer
- With an upgraded gold film sensor, the J605 can read as low as 3 ppb with a resolution of 20 ppt. It also features on-board data logging for up to 20,000 measurements and boasts a battery life of up to 18 hours, so it’s always there when you need it.
- Jerome® 631 Hydrogen Sulfide Analyzer
- The portable Jerome® 631 Hydrogen Sulfide Analyzer displays low-level concentrations in just seconds. It offers an analysis range of 0.003-50 ppm for odor and corrosion control, safety, and leak detection.
- Jerome® 651 Hydrogen Sulfide Analyzer
- The 651 is designed for set-and-forget hydrogen sulfide monitoring, inside or out. It can store up to 50,000 readings and remotely transfer the data to your PC. It also comes with a detachable hand-held Jerome 631 hydrogen sulfide analyzer, which can be used to help pinpoint the source of a gas leak.
If you are unable to make the show but are interested in one of our products, don’t hesitate to contact us! Our experienced team of analytical chemists and application consultants will help you find the solution that’s right for your application.